Education and Experience for Gregory M. Fedele, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Meet Dr. Fedele
Dr. Fedele uses his artistic abilities, experience, and extensive surgical training, along with the latest plastic surgery techniques, to give you the results you desire. He realizes that each person is unique and has their own personal concerns and goals and that is why he works closely with you to tailor each procedure to meet your individual needs. Dr. Fedele and his staff will take the time to answer all your questions and concerns to ensure you are comfortable and have a complete understanding of the procedure you choose.
Dr. Fedele is a native of the Cleveland area. He attended St. Joseph High School in Cleveland where he played varsity football, pole-vaulted and was captain of the track team. He went on to major in pre-medicine at The University of Dayton, where he earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology and Chemistry. Dr. Fedele attended The University of Cincinnati College of Medicine where his interest in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery began to grow. Dr. Fedele returned to the Cleveland area for his five years of General Surgery training at Case Western Reserve University, University Hospitals of Cleveland. He then went to The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, one of the top centers in the country, for his Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery training. Dr. Fedele remained in the Pittsburgh area in private practice and was a Clinical Assistant Professor of Plastic Surgery at The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Division of Plastic Surgery.
Dr. Fedele then had the opportunity to return to his hometown of Cleveland and opened his own private Plastic Surgery practice. His office is located in Beachwood in the elegant Signature Square Complex on Chagrin Boulevard near Richmond Road. Dr. Fedele is certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery and is an active member of The American Society of Plastic Surgeons as well as the Ohio Valley Society of Plastic Surgeons. He is an accomplished artist, having attended the Cooper School of Art in Cleveland and taken anatomical drawing and figuring drawing classes at the University of Dayton. He is a medical illustrator with numerous publications in medical textbooks, in which he also co-authored chapters, as well as scientific journals articles. He also enjoys playing the drums with his band "The Retractors".
- University of Dayton, Bachelor of Science 1987
- University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Medical Doctor 1991
Post Doctoral Training
- Case Western Reserve University, University Hospitals of Cleveland, General Surgery 1991-1996.
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Plastic and Reconstructive surgery 1996-1998
Licensure and Board Certification
- Board Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery, 1999
- State Medical Board of Ohio
- Hillcrest Hospital, Cleveland Clinic Health System
- Marymount Hospital, Cleveland Clinic Health System
- University Hospital, Richmond Heights
- Cleveland Clinic Beachwood Ambulatory Center
- University Hospitals, Zeeba Ambulatory Surgery Center
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- Ohio Valley Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Robert H. Ivy Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- American Medical Association
- Academy of Medicine of Cleveland
- Northern Ohio Medical Association
Other Professional Positions & Major Appointments
- Clinical Assistant Professor, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Division of Plastic Surgery 1998-2000
Awards & Honors
- Daniel Tabas Scholarship, Interplast trip to Vietnam, cleft lip and palate 1997
- Mellon Foundation Scholarship, Interplast trip to Vietnam, cleft lip, cleft palate, and facial reconstruction 1998
- Shestak, KC; Fedele, GF; Chapter 14, "Abdominoplasty", Operative Plastic Surgery, pgs 126-140; McGraw-Hill Publisher 2000 (Co-author and Medical Illustrator)
- Nystrom, NA; Fedele, GF; Zoldos, J "Intrinsic Vascular Anatomy of the Hand", Atlas of Hand Clinics, WB Saundars Company 1998 (Co-author and Medical Illustrator)
- Shestak, KC; Fedele, GF, “Treatment of Difficult TRAM Flap Hernias Using Intraperitoneal Synthetic Mesh Application”, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 107 (1) 55-62 January 2001 (Co-author and Medical Illustrator).
- Fedele, GF; Bentz, ML Chapter on "Cutaneous Nonvascular Lesions" Pediatric Surgery Handbook 1998
- Smith, A; Lacy, S, Medical Illustrator of "Review Book of Hand Surgery", Mosby Yearbooks 1996
- Smith, A; et al, Medical Illustrator for article "Reverse Dorsalis Pedis Flap", Annals of Plastic Surgery 1995
- Larsen, WJ; Medical Illustrator credited for Designing Concept and initial Illustrations for Chapters 2 and 3 in "Human Embryology", Churchill Livingstone, Inc., 1993
- Nearman, HS; Shuck, JM, Medical Illustrator for Chapter 53, Basic Surgical Techniques, Basic Surgery 4th Edition, Quality Medical Publishing, Inc. 1993
|Gregory M. Fedele, M.D., F.A.C.S.|
|Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery|
|Office Address: |
|25201 Chagrin Blvd.|
|Beachwood, OH 44122|
|Dr. Fedele has 90 patients available for view in the Before and After Photo Gallery. Click here to visit.|
|Dr. Fedele has 2 videos available in the Video Gallery. Click here to view.|