Education and Experience for Fred L. Hackney, M.D.
Dr. Fred Hackney is a noted author and respected lecturer. He has lectured to other plastic surgeons nationally and internationally about cosmetic surgery, and has been a contributing author and member of the editorial board of the Selected Readings in Plastic Surgery, a leading text in plastic surgery education. Dr. Hackney has published articles in the leading plastic surgery and cosmetic surgery medical journals; he is a co-author of several chapters in prominent plastic surgery textbooks such as the Dallas Rhinoplasty, Surgery by the Masters and Current Therapy in Plastic Surgery. Dr. Hackney is also a member of the Clinical Faculty of the prestigious Department of Plastic Surgery and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. Dr. Hackney is a member of several respected professional organizations, such as the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and the American Society of Plastic Surgery.
After graduating summa cum laude from college, he then pursued training in oral and maxillofacial surgery. During this portion of his career, Dr. Hackney developed an in-depth knowledge of facial esthetics, and was awarded national recognition from his colleagues for development of a new surgical technique to improve facial proportions and balance following surgery. After graduating cum laude from medical school, Dr. Hackney trained in general surgery and plastic surgery at the country's leading medical institutions. The natural extension of Dr. Hackney's interest in aesthetics was plastic surgery, specializing in cosmetic surgery of the face and body.
Dr. Hackney is dedicated to staying abreast of the latest advances in cosmetic surgery. He has been awarded a Certificate of Advanced Education in Cosmetic Surgery by the prestigious American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
This pattern of excellence reveals the quality of care you can expect from Dr. Hackney, however your surgeon must also care about you as an individual. A private consultation allows Dr. Hackney to listen to your desires, and develop a treatment plan specifically for you. The primary concern of Dr. Hackney and his staff is that you are satisfied with you surgical result and the care you receive. All your questions will be answered and information provided to help you make the right choice- a choice you will be happy with now and for years to come.
To schedule a consultation with Dr. Hackney, click here now.
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons
- The Johns Hopkins Medical and Surgical Association
- Board Certified Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeons of Dallas
- Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- Texas Medical Society
- Dallas County Medical Society
- University of Alabama School of Medicine (cum laude)
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- University of Texas Health Sciences Center
- Clinical Faculty, Department of Plastic Surgery University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
Awards and Honors
- Certificate of Advanced Education in Cosmetic Surgery, certified by the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Current
- Invited international guest lecturer: The Second Colombo Panamanian Symposium of Advances in Aesthetic Surgery, Panama City, Panama, March 11 -13, 2004
- Invited guest editor, Perspectives in Plastic Surgery, 2004
- Invited panelist, Treatment of the Malar Region, Panel Discussion, Aesthetic Surgery Journal, 2003
- Invited international guest lecturer: XIII International Course on Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery, Clinica Planas, Barcelona, Spain, June 26 - 29, 2002
- Essay Award, Plastic Surgery Education Foundation Scholarship Contest, 1999
- Excellence in Research Award, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, 1995
- The Dean's Award for Academic Excellence, University of Alabama School of Medicine, 1990
|Fred L. Hackney, M.D.|
|Hackney Plastic Surgery Clinic|
|Office Address: |
|8315 Walnut Hill Ln.|
|Dallas, TX 75231|
|Dr. Hackney has 21 patients available for view in the Before and After Photo Gallery. Click here to visit.|
|Dr. Hackney has 4 videos available in the Video Gallery. Click here to view.|