|Botox® (Botulinum Toxin Type A)
Botox® (Botulinum Toxin Type A) is a non-surgical procedure performed that temporarily reduces frown lines, creases in the forehead, "crows feet" in near the eyes, and thick bands in the neck area. Botox makes your skin smoother, with a more refreshed look. It temporarily prevents the muscles that actually cause wrinkles by blocking the nerve impulses. Botox is also very effective, as found out through studies, to relieve migraine headaches, muscle spasms and even extreme sweating. Most patients are between the ages of 18 and 65 years old and both men and women are good candidates for Botox. It is also important to note that Botox is the only treatment of it type that is approved by the Food and Drug administration(FDA). The entire procedure typically takes no more than 10 minutes, and there is no recovery time needed.
Important Note: Every single patient is different, and has a different scenario. Because of that, it is very important that prior to making a decision, you contact a board certified plastic surgeon, and consult with them about your goals, desires and to see if you are a good candidate for this plastic surgery procedure.
Are you a Good Candidate?
The best candidates for Botox® are both men and women.
Is this you?
- Are you between the ages of 18 and 65 years old?
- Do you have frown lines?
- Do you have creases in your forehead?
- Do you have a lot of wrinkles?
- Do you have a good amount of migraine headaches?
- Do you sweat excessively?
- Have unrealistic expectations this may not be for you. You should discuss this with your plastic surgeon.
- Are not physically healthy, you may not be a good candidate for Botox.
- Have any diseases that affect nerves and muscles. Be sure to tell your plastic surgeon.
- Are breast feeding or planning to become pregnant soon it is not recommended to use Botox.
- Nausea (temporary)
- Eyelid drooping (temporary).
Botox® is a very simple 10 minute non surgical procedure. Your plastic surgeon will administer numerous small injections of Botox into the muscles that cause frown lines between the brow. Your plastic surgeon will choose, based on his or her examination, where to inject the Botox. As with every plastic surgery procedure, every patient is different. The location and size of the muscles that cause frowns are different on every patient. There is typically very little discomfort and it is typically always very short. There is no recovery time needed, and the results can last up to 4 months. You typically will begin to see the results of the procedure within a couple days.
Did you know? Every Plastic Surgeon on MyPlasticSurgeonUSA
is Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery!
Have more questions? Click here to Ask an Expert!
Ready to schedule a consultation? Find you Plastic surgeon here!